Senior Accountant – Västerås, Sweden
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Senior Accountant – Västerås, Sweden
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
In this new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the early days of a new company as it is being created and shaped for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated and seasoned professionals with expertise in the EPC business, backed up by two large, well-established organizations, then this is the new opportunity for you.
The office in Sweden is responsible for managing project execution, business development and sales in our allocated markets in the Nordic countries, as well as Sweden-financed projects abroad, presently in Iraq but also expanding to other countries. The mentioned EPC projects involve high voltage substations of different types.
We are currently growing and are looking for a highly motivated controller/financial analyst that will strengthen our controlling team and act as partner to the Country Controller and the business. You will be highly involved in the assessment and monitoring of the daily business that is very flexible and where you get the chance to learn and develop every day. Therefore, your willingness to learn and your solution-oriented mindset will be a big advantage.
The Controller/financial analyst tasks:
- Prepare accounting entries by compiling and analyzing information from different contributors
- GL Accounts reconciliations and analysis
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Liason with Shared Services
- Follows corporate policies and procedures regarding accounting controls
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements. Keeping track of overdues and ensure timely execution
- AP process follow up and Point of contact for suppliers
- Monthly taxes declaration & remittance
- Corporate Income tax review and remittance as well as tax accounting (including deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Responsible for the preparation of Annual Statutory Financial Statements and liaison with external auditors
- Responsible for providing information to Internal audit, when applicable.
- Stays updated on governmental and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation
- Supports the accounting of branches.
- Other statutory obligations
- A relevant academic degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience of similar tasks
- Worked in an international environment
- Speak fluent and fully understand English and Swedish
- Experience from Oracle will be considered as a plus
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below:
Our Latest Articles