Senior Aviation Drainage Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Water Resources Group as an Senior Aviation Drainage Engineer.
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned engineer to all conventional aspects of the functional area and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices.
- Familiarity with FAA codes related to stormwater management and site drainage.
- Ability to utilize engineering software to analyze and recommend solutions for stormwater design projects. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist.
- Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- P.E. license is required in Texas or ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles