Senior Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
Being part of Atkins Infrastructure’s Civil Engineering practice will give you the opportunity to apply your talents to high-profile, multidisciplinary challenges within the UK Water Industry. Whatever the project, you will be part of our expanding Derby office team undertaking high quality, interesting projects. As our business grows and develops, so do the opportunities we take on. That means you can expect an ever-evolving array of diverse challenges that will call on all of your skills and expertise.
If you are a skilled engineer, you will have the chance to apply your talents in the delivery of raw water, potable water, wastewater, river engineering and maritime works including condition assessment, refurbishment and new build throughout the midlands. Our current Client portfolio includes Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, and Local Authorities.
Having attained Chartered Engineer status, you will positively contribute to delivery of Atkins’ local and national strategy. You will possess previous demonstrable experience of the UK water industry with a detailed understanding of the associated standards. As a result of a successful bidding campaign we have secured work within the water industry and need motivated and technically skilled individuals to join our dynamic Client and D&B partnerships.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our rapidly growing team.
• Lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
• Coordinate multi-disciplinary project teams
• Assist in developing the Atkins’ Infrastructure Civil Engineering business within the UK and overseas, delivering business development targets set by the Practice Manager.
• Identify opportunities and prepare bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
• To maintain and expand a portfolio of Clients, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure repeat business.
• Ensuring the quality of project work meets the agreed standards and specifications.
• Manage supplier resources to deliver projects to time, quality and budget.
• Liaise with and support other Project Managers and Directors across the wider UK home and international markets.
• Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
• Have a proactive commitment to Health and Safety
• Be client focused with a high level of relationship management skills
• Hold a current CSCS, EUSR and National Water Hygiene Card
• Be a Chartered Engineer with a relevant Institution
• Have experience in ensuring services meet required quality standards through quality planning and control
• Have technical expertise in civil design engineering, together with good understanding of engineering principles and in particular the complexities of multi-disciplinary projects
• Possess knowledge and experience of working with UK and water company standards
• Have experience in leading multi-disciplinary engineering design teams developing contract documentation and preferably in construction contract administration.
• Possess the ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively in teams delivering projects.
• Have excellent written and verbal skills when communicating with stakeholders including technical and non-technical parties are essential.
• Be available to travel across UK and occasionally overseas.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.