Senior Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as a Senior Engineer, helping shape the future of Atkins’ rivers, dams and maritime business? The role will involve working with a respected technical team and working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across our extensive client portfolio.
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- Chartered Civil Engineer with strengths in civils and structural engineering; preferably with dams, rivers, maritime or coastal experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of leading and working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and industry Standards.
- Have a valid UK driving licence and be available to travel.
- Leading and managing projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Assisting in developing our service lines and delivering business development targets.
- Identify opportunities and prepare bids to commercial and competitive standards.
- Build client and internal relationships and help identify business opportunities; being the first point of contact.
- To maintain and expand a portfolio of clients through excellent professional relationships.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Possessing an agile, winning attitude.
- Able to generate innovative, digital solutions to challenges and follow them through.
- Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Strong reputation for excellent technical performance.
- Able to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.