Senior Civil Engineer
Atkins is looking for a chartered or near chartered Civil Engineer to become an active member of the Civil Engineering and Advanced Technology (CEA&T) Practice in Nova North Victoria, London.
The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded civil engineer technically competent across all core disciplines (drainage, utilities, civil structures, pavements), with exemplary communication skills, who has experience leading small teams and delivering projects. They would also demonstrate a commitment to and participation in the industry.
The candidate needs to have a willingness to participate in the practice and foster a team-building mentality with colleagues.
The role will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
As a Civil Engineer in the CEA&T practice the successful candidate would have the following responsibilities and be required to:
- Competently lead and successfully deliver small to medium sized civil engineering projects
- Produce and review designs in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Preparation of briefs, scopes of work and input into bid proposals
- Successfully manage budgets to key project milestones and programme
- Participate in practice leadership and mentoring to junior engineers (this could include a role as a DE with the ICE)
- Work closely with other practice disciplines to deliver integrated design solutions
- Work closely with the global design centre (GDC - Bangalore) to deliver design
- Deliver projects to BIM Level 2 requirements
- Technical design experience across core civils disciplines including utility and drainage networks, sustainable drainage systems, pavements, and civil structures.
- Forms strong relationships with client colleagues outside of the business area and with clients.
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory and local bodies.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting and influencing skills.
- Able to reliably manage a team or group.
- Robust experience in change management and QA processes
- Robust understanding of ICE contracts and how to administer
- Demonstrates competencies and has a very good understanding of CDM regulations
- Digital skills desired but not essential – appetite to learn is key
- MS Office (including MS Excel - Visual Basic Script)
- WINDES MicroDrainage – highly proficient
- AutoCAD (introductory level skills)
- NavisWorks (introductory level skills)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you an interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held a security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.