Senior Consultant - Railway Systems
You will be an integral member of the dynamic Railway Systems team that works across the UK and international rail industry to influence the railways and trains of tomorrow.
The Senior Consultant in the Railway Systems team is responsible for bidding, managing and delivering systems feasibility and integration projects in relation to rolling stock, railway systems and its interaction with railway infrastructure
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide strategic thinking to determine:
i) the technical methodology for projects that meet Client’s requirements cost effectively; and
ii) the most appropriate project outputs - technical solutions informed by recommendations with a sound evidence base
- Lead technical analysis relating to railway engineering and operations, which requires balancing requirements to determine the best solutions and establishing consensus in internal and external assignment meetings with Clients
- Agree and then lead technical service areas within the Systems team, which could include: Feasibility studies, New train and Railway system requirements specifications, Depots and Whole system integration
- Lead and manage project teams to deliver the required project outputs for Clients including working with and managing external stakeholders
- Be responsible for the quality of any documents, analysis and reports sent to Clients
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues
To be considered for this role, you will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership. You will be eager to work on projects across the breadth of our Rolling Stock specialist offering or across the broader, multi-disciplinary Railway System as a whole. You may currently be working in a handful of areas within the Rail domain such as Depots, Light Rail or Rolling Stock. This could be in the capacity of a Design Manager, Project Engineer or Technical Coordinator.
As the successful candidate, you will be a highly methodical and numerate individual who has the ability to undertake quantitative analysis in MS Excel or other software. You will have an excellent, broad knowledge of railway systems and likely possess experience of working in technical feasibility and procurement including technical specification.
It’d be highly beneficial for you to hold major and International projects experience within the Rail domain and whilst experience in the DOORS software application is also a key advantage it is not essential as full training and support is given.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical cashback reimbursement schemes, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.