Senior Control Systems Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) has exciting opportunities for Control System engineers to undertake control system design services for a varied client base and across a breadth of industries to support significant growth.
We are looking for enthusiastic Senior Control Systems engineers who can apply their knowledge and experience to client challenges and successfully deliver effective solutions.
You will be working within a variety of engineers, project managers, and specialists across the engineering spectrum from all areas of the Atkins business, working in a variety of regulated industries.
- Provision of cost-effective engineering design solutions and high-quality customer service
- Ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
- Performing full lifecycle activities related to high-integrity or safety-critical C&I systems. This may include any or all of the specification, design, implementation, testing, installation and commissioning of systems and will need to consider the safety, integrity and reliability of the design
- Engaging with clients to understand technical needs and develop successful working relationships
- Verifying C&I technical documentation
- Providing technical input for proposals and tenders
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of C&I equipment and its application in both conventional and safety related applications
- Understanding of how mechanical and process systems are controlled
- Knowledge and experience of relevant guidelines, standards and practices
- Experience of working in a regulated industry
- Educated to Degree level in a mathematical, scientific or engineering discipline (or with equivalent qualifications and experience such as HNC/HND)
- Chartered engineer status with a relevant professional body (or experience necessary to qualify for such)
Desirable, but not essential, attributes:
- Knowledge and experience applying IEC safety systems guidelines, standards and practices, such as IEC 61508 / 61513 / 61226
- Understanding of fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognized techniques such as FME(D)A, HAZID and HAZOP
- Working knowledge of electrical systems
- Experience in the programmable aspects of C&I systems, such as coding or configuration.
- Experience in commissioning
- Experience on nuclear projects
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing it’s people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.