Senior Cost Manager - Metro/Transit/Rail
Senior Cost Manager - Metro/Transit/Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Sr. Cost Manager – Metro/Transit/Rail
Why join us?
Our California Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have more than five years of experience with cost management, including two years of experience related to transit or rail systems / infrastructure and ideally some knowledge of scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, we want to hear from you! We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure to grow their career with us! This position is located at our client site in North-Central California. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Monitor construction progress against planned and prepares and issues accurate and contemporary cost reports and cash flow as part of the project reporting requirements
- With minimal supervision, review all change orders for entitlement and compliance with the contract in accordance with the client’s approval process
- Review and tracks all payment applications against physical progress of the work for the project
- Where applicable, provide overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages
- Attend the biweekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams
- Provide cost information on value engineering analysis
- Carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis
- Review the contractors close out administration to ensure that they meet their contractual requirements
- Contribute to project Risk analysis and helps compile project Risk register
- Maintain accurate and current records relating to all aspects of project cost, including change order register, payment application tracking, invoice tracking, accruals and project risk
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
- Five years’ relevant experience
- Must have strong cost management and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations
- Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and project cost monitoring and reporting
- OSHA 10 hour preferred
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with cost management software, Excel, Power BI / data bases
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits that include:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs