Senior Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
“Atkins Building Design Practice have an opportunity to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled.
This role will be based in Epsom, but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers all across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK.
The Building Design practice work on projects across all of our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities.
This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management
Our Practice is committed to developing our ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organisation of our size and reach. Our ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an enquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of our digital practice, and the ability to lead and manage large and diverse delivery teams, locally and remotely.
• Take an active role in managing, supervising and training junior/graduate engineers, leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of multi-disciplinary projects, engaging with the project design team, contractors and clients.
• Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
• Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
• Work in partnership with Atkins global design centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects
• Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
• Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
• Maintaining records and archives to company standards
• Increase knowledge, and use of, Atkins capabilities outside of Building Services
• Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services
• Engineering or related subjects
• Chartered Engineer or working towards being a Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
• Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
• Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
• Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
• Strong understanding of the commercial aspects of project management”
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Thinking of joining us?
We offer a fantastic range of benefits to choose from, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
Please check the Link below:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles