Senior Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The successful candidate will report to Electrical Manager and will be assigned to various projects associated with Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals industry as directed by the Project Management group.
The candidate will possess a solid understanding of electrical design principles complemented by practical working experience with industrial power distribution systems within Oil and Gas processing facilities. The candidate is required to be a well organized and an effective communicator. The candidate will be able to work independently, lead a small team of professionals ( engineers and designers) and be effective when working in a team environment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Experience in the design of electrical distribution systems in a project team environment with focus on studies, Front End (FEED)design, detailed design for new plants (or) modifications/replacements of existing equipment in process plants
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles
- Preparing electrical equipment specifications, data sheets and purchasing requisitions
- Area classification drawings and studies
- Knowledge of battery/UPS system
- Knowledge of substation grounding study and providing grounding grid layout
- Familiar with outdoor/indoor substation equipment layout
- Develop/coordinate protective relay settings
- Knowledge of applying engineering application software like ETAP or SKM to study relay coordination, load flow , short circuit , arc flash, harmonic and motor starting analysis
- Load list and electrical equipment sizing
- Knowledge on electrical design calculations
- Familiar with heat tracing design
- Protection & relay coordination studies
- Knowledge of interfacing with DCS, SCADA, PLC etc.
- Preparing LV & MV single line diagrams with strong knowledge of relay & metering systems
- Developing motor protection and control schematics/wiring diagrams
- Reviewing vendor designs for compliance with technical specifications and applicable
- Monitoring and updating electrical manhours and schedule progress on assigned projects
- Providing electrical BOMs and major equipment costs for capital cost estimates at various project stages (Feasibility Study, PDB and Detailed Engineering)
- Establishing scope of work for projects and proposals and developing engineering cost estimates and deliverable lists
- Good writing skills to produce reports, scope documents and presentation materials
- Attending project team meetings, client meetings & vendor review meetings
- Reviewing designs for constructability and accordance with project requirements
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with APEGA
- A minimum of 10 years experience in design of electrical distribution systems in Oil & Gas facilities.
- Strong client focus, able to represent the company in a professional manner when communicating with clients and visiting client sites
- Proven experience in successfully leading small to medium sized projects ( budget of about 0 -10000 hrs)
- Experience in Kearl oil sands projects will be considered an asset
- Works with minimal supervision, manages own time effectively, maintain control over all current projects/responsibilities. Follow up on all relevant issues
- Knowledge of domestic and international codes (CEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, API, NEMA, etc.)
- Very good English communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety policies and procedures
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com