Senior Electrical Engineer
We're looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team. The successful applicant must have experience working on buildings/commercial/public work projects.
For building projects in Commercial/Retail, Residential and Institutional Markets.
- Provide electrical design leadership and project management for design mandates throughout the project lifecycle
- Review and understand all relevant client requirements, provide design recommendations for clients
- Prepare and participate in presentations for new clients for promotional purposes
- Coordinate, actively participate and follow up on meetings with clients, contractors and with other consultants’ Leads
- Lead the preparation of electrical specifications
- Prepare design briefs, schematics, project documents and perform all required engineering calculations.
- Lead production all required engineering documents in schematic design, design development and working drawings.
- Ensure design products meet required quality standards
- Ensure timely review of shop drawings and response to RFIs
- Review tender submissions and quotations from contractors
- Work with contractors to quickly resolve onsite issues and ensure contractor’s conformance to design requirements
- Support and work in collaboration with other team members to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Supervise, mentor and train junior designers and CAD operators(i.e . in interpreting Codes and Regulations, design, AUTOCAD, and other tasks as required)
- Provide and prepare independent site take offs and surveys of existing electrical building systems
- Deal with difficult technical and/or contractual issues and resolve through verbal and written communication
- Provide advice to other Designers and Engineers regarding complex design and installation details.
- Identify project risks and potential liabilities, and develop strategies to minimize them
- Assign each designer’s responsibilities within a large project, and co-ordinate design effort.
- Coordinate work load for staff working on al projects
- Create a positive open environment through open communication with team and other colleagues.
- Embrace behaviour-based safety and ensuring all health and safety protocols are followed at all times.
- Ensure all ethics and compliance protocols are followed and maintained.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Licensure as a professional engineer in Ontario (licensure in other provinces an asset)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working with relevant codes including, OBC, NBC, CEC/OESC, ASHRAE 90.1, relevant CSA Standards (C282, Z32, Z317.5, B44, etc.), ULC-S524 and S537
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working on complex electrical building systems and designing building services in a variety of building types
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining long term relationships with clients (i.e. understanding client objectives, anticipating and meeting client needs, growing revenue)
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills working with employees, consultants, internal and external individuals and teams
- Experience supervising, mentoring and motivating a team of engineers and designers
- Demonstrated experience to manage multiple projects, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Track record of lead design responsibility for Power Supply and Distribution, Lighting, Fire Alarm, Communications and Security systems for complex buildings.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve difficult technical problems during the full project lifecycle.
- Excellent AUTOCAD design skill. (REVIT and Micro-station experience is an asset)
- Proficiency with computers and standard word and data processing applications
Additional Job Description
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles