Senior Engineer / Consultant
Senior Engineer / Consultant
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
The Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technology (IMST) practice, within the UK Transportation business, is the home of our market leading transport technology and mobility capability. We work across the transport sector helping our clients navigate through a rapidly changing world linking current Intelligent Transport Systems with future-focused technology opportunities. The practice provides consultancy advisory, research, technical and design services to a broad set of UK and international clients in the transport sector, including the Department for Transport, Highways England, Network Rail and UK local authorities. We blend market-leading capability in motorway control systems, toll road systems, urban traffic control and operations and smart ticketing with thinking and advice on emerging trends and growing areas such as digital highways, mobility as a service and Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs).
The IMST practice sits in the Consultancy practice – c 500 staff - within the Atkins Transportation business of c 3000. Currently IMST comprises 90 staff from a range of disciplines facing into several key service lines across our clients, with approximately 20 staff focusing on traffic signals and urban traffic control projects across the UK.
- We are seeking to strengthen our Road User Charging/Tolling and road operations team by appointing a senior engineer / consultant who can help win and deliver projects in that sector.
- The role holder will be expected to not only work with our team internally but also liaise with our clients, listening to their aspirations and turning them into project scopes
- Due to the nature of the work the role may require working away from home for short periods of time.
- You will be expected to be a technical, managerial and mentor role model for other engineers
What you can bring
The successful candidate will hold suitable qualifications, and be able to demonstrate:
- You will preferably be able to demonstrate a knowledge of and experience in delivering projects in Road User Charging / Tolling, its technology and road operations
- You will be customer focused with excellent relationship management skills and have a proven track record in winning and delivering work
- You will need to be a listener, technically articulate and confident to discuss issues with client stakeholders
- Understand and have deployed ITS technology, standards and areas of enhancements
- You will be able to demonstrate wide bidding experience from consortiums to small bespoke projects
- Appreciation of the digital & mobile influence on the market
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs