Senior Engineer - HVAC
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; Previous mechanical engineering or design role within consultancy
• Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove progression towards Chartership;
• Relevant and appropriate experience of more than 15 years as a mechanical engineer within building services
• Experience of working in Multi-D environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines.
• Experience of infrastructure projects with recent rail experience is preferred
• Be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel, Outlook
• Wider knowledge of other disciplines is highly desirable;
• Technical Team Leader/Specialist with an increasing reputation internally and externally within their field and responsible for managing a team of engineers
• Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
• Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Undertake Mechanical design to local and International standards, including ME, UK region.
- Understand and apply British / European, ME and Atkins standards.
- Undertake design of a variety of Mechanical design elements i.e. Air conditioning, ventilation, tunnel ventilation, plumbing and fire fighting designs.
- Carry out Mechanical calculations using Hevacomp, HAP, IES and other equivalent software.
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Responsible for completion of projects within his/her team to time and cost.
- Assist the Team leader in presenting design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors;
- Check own mechanical designs deliverables and also able to check design prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise;
- Realistically estimate pricing associated with projects within their area of expertise
- Undertake and mange liaison with System engineers, Third parties and specialist system suppliers and incorporate their requirements in the detail design.
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports for sustainability options.
- Reliably manage a team/group - manage staff development, personnel management, staff appraisals etc.
Coordinate with all other disciplines and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Civil and Structural.
- Proactive and member of ASHARE or IMechE or CIBSE with CEng / IEng status or working towards would be preferred.
- Relevant and appropriate experience as a designer within building services ..
- You will be a competent designer to CIBSE and ASHARE standards.
- You will have experience of computer based design tools such as Hevacomp, HAP and IES etc.
- You will have experience in Revit and successfully delivered projects using BIM skills.
- Demonstrates the necessary level of competence and responsibility according to the grade.
- Very good understanding of UK safety legislation including CDM regulations, and application of safety legislation in design.
- You will manage productivity and quality of deliverables of yours as well as the team members
- Maintains harmony and a productive atmosphere by being open about the work activities and project status.
- Good command of the English Language and an effective communicator both written and verbal.