Senior Engineer - PHE/Fire
Senior Engineer - PHE/Fire
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
• Degree in Public Health Engineering or equivalent; Previous PHE engineering or design role within consultancy
• Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove progression towards Chartership;
• Relevant and appropriate experience of more than 15 years as a public health engineer within building services
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the use of BS, UAE Codes of Practice, LEED, NFPA, CIBSE, UPC and IBC.
• Experience of working in Multi-D environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines.
• Experience of infrastructure projects with recent rail experience is mandatory; knowledge of Rail design assurance processes essential;
• Be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Industry design tools
• Wider knowledge of other disciplines is highly desirable;
• Technical Team Leader/Specialist with an increasing reputation internally and externally within their field and responsible for managing a team of engineers
• Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
• Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Undertake PHE design to local and International standards, including ME, UK region.
- Understand and apply British / European, ME and Atkins standards.
- Undertake design of a variety of Public health design elements i.e. Domestic cold and hot water services, Sanitary and Vent, underground drainage, fire fighting for Wet and dry type designs.
- Carry out calculations on industry standard software.
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Responsible for completion of projects within his/her team to time and cost.
- Assist the Team leader in presenting design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors;
- Check own PHE designs deliverables and also able to check design prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise;
- Realistically estimate pricing associated with projects within their area of expertise
- Undertake and mange liaison with System engineers, Third parties and specialist system suppliers and incorporate their requirements in the detail design.
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports for sustainability options
- Undertake rail/metro station, trackside, Depots and other railway infrastructure PHE designs.
- Reliably manage a team/group - manage staff development, personnel management, staff appraisals etc.
- Coordinate with all other disciplines and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Civil and Structural.
- Proactive and Member of IOP, IET or CIBSE with CEng / IEng status or working towards would be preferred.
- Relevant and appropriate experience as a designer within building services ..
- You will be a competent designer to BS, IPC, CIBSE and NFPA standards.
- You will have experience in Revit and successfully delivered projects using BIM skills.
- Demonstrates the necessary level of competence and responsibility according to the grade.
- Very good understanding of UK safety legislation including CDM regulations, and application of safety legislation in design.
- You will manage productivity and quality of deliverables of yours as well as the team members
- Maintains harmony and a productive atmosphere by being open about the work activities and project status.
- Good command of the English Language and an effective communicator both written and verbal.
Cities & development
Requirements: • Degree in Public Health Engineering or equivalent; Previous PHE engineering or design role within consultancy • Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove prog
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs