Senior Engineer - Requirement and interface management
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the worldsâ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi-discipline technical services, Atkins is committed to design excellence and delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is the largest engineering consultancy in
the UK, the third largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe and the
fourteenth largest global design firm.
Whether itâs the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modelling of a flood defence system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Our skills lie in the expansive area of infrastructure â the wiring of society â encompassing buildings; land, sea, and air transport; information communications and security systems; and utilities (including energy and water); as well as in our experience of working for a broad range of clients, including national and local governments as well as the commercial sector. The social and environmental framework of our work is crucial, and we view all our projects in the context of the communities in which they are delivered.
Working in a multi-discipline team of engineers & architects, providing a professional design service to our clients, this is a great opportunity for professionals to gain technical exposure within an internationally renowned consultancy.
Current and forthcoming projects include concept through to detailed design of complex healthcare, education, mixed use, office, retail, residential & hospitality facilities in India, Middle East and around the world.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
Â·Degree qualification within Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering and appropriate Masters degree.
- 7+ years of experience in Metro Rail design and interface management
- Coordination with infra delivery package discipline leads and DJV inter delivery packages
- Controlling and monitoring the Interface Matrix, Interface Register and Interface Control Documents and ICD status document.
- Close monitoring the Interface issues and resolve them by conducting Interface meetings.
- Preparation of minutes of meeting and circulation to relevant discipline leads and package managers. Follow up with the discipline leads for Interface information as committed in meetings/ MoM.
- Coordinating with Project office team for Level-2 Interface (TSY) information from Rolling Stock, Signaling and communications, third rail, Traction Sub Station requirements, Platform Screen doors, Stray current requirements etc.
- Coordinating with Project office team for Level-2 Interface (TJV) information such as Shear connectors, First Stage track, Track plinth and drainage arrangements in Track slab, third rail jumper connection requirements etc.
- Scope management and monitoring at Level-2 and Level-3 Interfaces as per BOD and Contract documents
- Coordinating with Discipline leads in providing the verification reference, verification criteria, verification status and verification method etc.
- Guiding the Discipline leads and Design Managers on Interface and Requirements Management Processes
- Guiding the teams on Change Management processes. Monitoring and Controlling the Non Compliance requirements and change management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel proficient.
- Experience with requirement management software ComPlyro.