Senior Engineer, Safety / Loss Control
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin is looking for a Senior Technical Safety / Loss Prevention Engineer to join the team in the Abu Dhabi office. This person will be responsible for leading aspects of Loss Prevention engineering analysis and design work for all types of Oil and Gas projects and will be the technical specialist on projects as required, ensuring the work is carried out in fully in accordance with project requirements.
The successful Loss Prevention Engineer will be required to:
- Supervise Engineering and designer resources for the Loss prevention discipline
- Prepare process safety specifications
- Prepare and check the following
- Loss Prevention design basis
- Project HSE Plan
- HSE & Loss prevention Philosophies
- Site survey report
- Fire water demand calculation
- Hydraulic Calculation
- Fire water surge analysis
- List of firefighting and safety equipment
- HAZOP/HAZID Close-out Report
- Hazardous Area schedule / Report
- Loss Prevention drawings, schematics and Equipment layouts
- Safety and Firefighting Equip. Data Sheets
- Line Lists and equipment lists
- F & G Cause & Effect
- SOW for HSE third Party Studies
- Consequence analysis including jet fire, pool fire, gas dispersion modelling, flammable dispersion modelling, and explosive overpressure modelling
- Coordination with other disciplines as required, ensuring success of multi-discipline project parallel working
- Review of Third-Party proposals for technical compliance
- Participation in Safety related workshops such as HAZOP, HAZID, Bow-tie etc.
- Participation in Site visits as required
The successful Loss Prevention Engineer should
- Possess a good understanding of international engineering codes and standard as well as standards for major oil and gas companies such as ADNOC, Aramco, Shell etc.
- Be familiar with industry standard software such as PHA Pro, DNV phas, Pipnet etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering / MSc in Process, Safety or Loss Prevention Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum of 12 years’ experience in safety and loss prevention in the Oil and Gas Industry.