Senior Environmental Consultant
Senior Environmental Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We work on challenging and exciting projects across a range of market sectors including transportation, cities, water, energy and defense.
We are looking for an individual with practical experience of environmental coordination, assessment and management to join our Planning and Environmental Consenting team in Warrington, Leeds or York. You will join a national team of over 150 planning and environmental assessment and management professionals providing the environmental services that facilitate the consenting and delivery of projects from feasibility through to construction. We work across a range of sectors including energy, rail, road and water to de-risk projects, obtain permissions and facilitate sustainable solutions for our clients. Key clients in this region include Network Rail, Highways England, Transport for the North, Anglian Water, Environment Agency, Transport for Greater Manchester, WYCA and a number of local authorities.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for an experienced candidate looking to progress their career to the next level in a fast paced and exciting industry. You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects, lead and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments and related deliverables, work closely with clients, develop new areas of business and mentor others in the team.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an environmental or related discipline and have a comprehensive understanding of all the technical specialisms required for an EIA. Ideally, you will be a Chartered Environmentalist through IEMA or other professional body or working towards this qualification. We offer ongoing career development through a portfolio of training and development activities and mentoring support designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
- Leading on the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including EIA, options appraisals and environmental management.
- Champion high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental outcomes.
- Collate and edit information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, and review the work of others, on time and to budget.
- Able to manage clients’ needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Lead and support on bid preparation and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute.
- Degree or Masters in an environmental or science subject.
- Chartered, or working towards Chartership.
- Experience working on linear infrastructure projects (rail/road) would be beneficial
- Comprehensive knowledge of the EIA process and environmental technical specialisms.
- Experience of leadership within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills and able to review the work of others to ensure quality.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions such as IEMA, RTPI, LI, ICE, CIEEM, and CIWEM.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package . https://www.yourrewardatkins.com/#benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs