Our Colorado Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global corporation, and have at least ten years’ experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) OR Civil, Architectural, Structural (CSA)Construction Cost Estimating we would like to connect with you. By utilizing industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of local market and project conditions, the successful candidate for this role will assist in the preparation of cost estimates for vertical construction disciplines by providing support to senior staff. The role is based at our client site at the Denver Airport and requires daily attendance. This is an internal full time position with Faithful+Gould and comes with robust benefits. We seek career focused individuals who seek opportunities for growth and learning.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
• Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions.
• Analyzes and negotiates construction cost proposals for new and changed work.
• Reviews drawings and other documentation to prepare time and cost of materials, equipment, labor and general conditions estimates.
• Analyzes schedule of values for accuracy, rationality and compliance with project specifications.
• Provides detailed cost estimates and cost schedules for construction projects, design amendments, and construction change orders. This includes costs of materials, equipment, labor, time, manpower, insurance, overhead, markup, and any other costs affecting the project.
• Provides conceptual cost estimates for construction projects, design amendments, and construction change orders.
• Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Consults with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction project manager to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Reviews contractor change orders for consistency with terms and conditions and negotiates and/or approves changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepares estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work. Uses specialized construction estimating software to generate information and analysis.
• Provides input into life-cycle cost analysis of various design alternatives.
• Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Prepares cost analyses of contractor claims for compensation for delays and disputed additional work.
• Analyzes requests for material substitutions on construction projects as related to cost impact.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Any one position may not include all the duties listed. However, the allocation of positions will be determined by the amount of time spent in performing the essential duties listed above.
• Education Requirement: Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
• Experience Requirement: Three years of experience in construction cost estimating and project scheduling working on commercial, industrial, and/or public construction projects, which includes two years at a full performance level.
• Education/Experience Equivalency: A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement except for the two years at a full performance level.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have strong skills in use of estimating and takeoff software.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDFBy submitting your personal information to Faithful+Gould, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.