Senior Fuel Channel Engineer
- Perform conceptual and detail design engineering work on the fuel channel to applicable codes, standards and procedures meeting quality, budget and schedule expectations.
- Design activities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of technical calculations and the preparation of design documents and technical reports.
- Conceptual and detail design including development and qualification testing.
- Material selection.
- Mechanical analysis
- Develop, plan, specify, schedule, conduct and/or lead detailed phases of the engineering work for fuel channel components during proposals, procurement, manufacturing, qualification and installation.
- Review design reports, calculations, documents and drawings in support of design verification.
- Define work scope, prepare responses to technical questions, communicate client and SNC-Lavalin requirements, monitor and report progress regarding fuel channel design activities
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a university of recognized standing:
- PhD, or
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of three years of relevant industrial experience, or
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years of relevant industrial experience
- Licensed, or eligible to and in the process to license, as Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- Team player
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the application of GD&T
- Proven aptitude for continuous learning
- Experience in FEA structural analysis using ANSYS/DYNA/ABAQUS is a preferred
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.