Senior Fuel Channel Engineer
Senior Fuel Channel Engineer
• Performs conceptual and detail design engineering work on Fuel Channel components to the applicable codes and standards. The design activities include, but are not limited to, the preparation and review of the following type of documents: Design Requirements, Design Descriptions, and Design Manuals, General Arrangements and Detail Drawings, Technical Specifications, Component Specifications, and Component Verification Reports, Perform technical calculations relevant to the design of Fuel Channels.
• Develops Fuel Channel components test requirements, oversee testing and assess and document test results
• Devises new approaches to problems when developing conceptual and detail design of fuel channel components, including development and qualification testing and material selection. Identifies design deficiencies and proposes solutions.
• Coordinates work of considerable technical complexity
• Defines work scope; communicates client requirements, monitors and reports progress.
• Prepare responses to technical questions from customers.
• Ensures the work meets the quality requirements in accordance with the Company QA programs and manuals.Experience/Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized university or licensed by a provincial engineering association.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant practical experience in the area of fuel channels.
• Broad knowledge of precedents is required in the fuel channel engineering field and a good knowledge of the principles and practices of related disciplines.
• Knowledge of ASME Section III/CSA codes, as applicable to designed components.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, including taking into account the plans of others.
• Ability to devise accurate and feasible recommendations.
• Ability to work independently on projects.
• Experience with some complex engineering practices, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitable standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
• Ability to plan and conduct own work requiring initiative and judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques and procedures.
• Leadership skills are essential, as technical guidance to lower professional grades and supervision of other PGs is required
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Good knowledge of Candu reactor internal components
• Strict adherence to budget and schedule
• Willingness to work extra hours when required to meet schedule
• Excellent attitude toward team work
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs