Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
The Mining and Metallurgy division is currently seeking applications to fill a senior geotechnical engineer position in its Toronto office.
The Geotechnical engineer will lead multidisciplinary teams to design civil engineering works related to the containment of mine tailings. Supported by intermediate and junior engineers as well as by CADD technicians, the senior engineer will be involved in all stages of the design of structures, from concept to construction. The tasks also include participating in technical reviews (e.g. peer reviews), tailings dam inspections, dam safety reviews, and other studies related to the design and construction of mine waste facilities.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Lead tailings containment facility design project team.
- Participate in the design of tailings containment facilities.
- Participate in the preparation of drawings and technical specifications.
- Participate in the geotechnical investigations and studies on potential siting of tailings sites.
- Participate in technical reviews related to the containment of mine tailings and mine waste rock.
- Participate in project meetings for aspects related to the geotechnical discipline.
- Participate in the training and development of younger engineers.
- Participate in the proposal preparation.
What will you contribute?
- University degree in civil or geological engineering and a geotechnical post-graduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Registered as Profession Engineer Ontario.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the design of dams.
- Good working knowledge of English, French/Spanish would be asset.
- Knowledge of slope stability, seepage and stress-strain software.
- Experience in dynamic and seismic analyses.
- Strong communication skills.
- The candidate must possess a demonstrated ability for teamwork within multidisciplinary engineering teams composed mainly of geotechnical engineers, hydrologists, hydrogeologists and environmental specialists.
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Economical salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs