Senior Mechanical and Equipment Engineer
Senior Mechanical and Equipment Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Candu Energy Inc. is looking to hire Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Equipment Engineers for full time regular positions. The individuals will work in a team environment performing and leading engineering services for Nuclear Power Plants within a matrix organization.
- Provide mechanical and equipment engineering support with the preparation of technical deliverables including technical specifications, test procedures, commissioning plans and registration design submissions for nuclear power plant (NPP) components and mechanical systems
- Perform conceptual and detail design activities for mechanical systems which includes flow sheets, detail drawings, equipment arrangement/layouts as well as sizing and selection of mechanical components related to nuclear steam plants.
- Coordinating large scale projects of considerable technical and commercial complexity.
- Supporting manufacturing, assembly, testing and commissioning tasks
- Review design reports, analysis reports, calculations, documents and drawings in support of design verification.
- Define project work scope, monitoring and reporting project progress and communicating with clients.
- Interface with other engineers disciplines to obtain data and resolve issues relevant to design.
- Conduct technical, conceptual and detail design meetings in front of peers, clients and suppliers.
- Perform pre-order and post-order engineering support including review of client requirements, applicable documents and drawings, review of codes and standards, performing cost estimating, proposal preparation, as well as preparing and reviewing of engineering quotation requests, technical evaluations and resolving design deviations.
- Provide technical guidance to drafting staff as well as oversight of interfacing disciplines.
- Conduct site visits at nuclear generating stations and suppliers.
- Provide engineering support to quality surveillance, manufacturing, assembly and testing with non-conformances.
- Review and approve supplier’s capability to fabricate the required component within the applicable requirements.
- Evaluate the completeness and status of delivered equipment.
- Work in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, and client and company procedures.
- Provide consultation and/or review and approval of engineering quotation request packages and purchase requisitions.
- Assist other engineers and branch manager with daily engineering activities.
- Required qualifications:
- Engineering degree from an accredited University in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering or Engineering Science.
- Good understanding of process systems, mechanics of machines, mechanics of materials, material selection and fundamentals of machine component design.
- Good understanding and experience with equipment sizing, selection, and troubleshooting of issues.
- Knowledge of/experience using nuclear pressure boundary Codes and Standards, including CSA N285.0 and ASME Section III.
- Experience working in or performing design work for a nuclear facility licensed in Canada or a nuclear reactor licensed outside Canada.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel to and potentially work at Project sites to meet corporate needs (Note: the initial site location is at the Mississauga head office in Ontario).
- For a Senior Level position:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Mechanical Design of industrial machines, automation equipment and automated-tooling design, and/or in Equipment Engineering with knowledge in pumps, fans, motors, valves, heat exchanges, steam generators, pressure vessels, etc.; and
- Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada, qualified to seal mechanical and chemical engineering documents.
- Additional, preferred qualifications:
- Working knowledge of/experience with the CSA B51 standard, ANSI B31.1 codes and other nuclear-power-plant applicable standards or regulatory guides related to permanent plant components, pressure boundary equipment, and/or reactor systems is an asset;
- Knowledge of pressure boundary work including pressure vessel design, analysis, code classification, code class boundary, non-destructive examination and design registration is an asset.
- Knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing ASME Y14.5 standard is an asset.
- Presentation skills and public speaking abilities is an asset.
- Knowledge of seismic and environmental qualification methods and process is an asset.
- CAD experience in Solid Edge or Solid Works is an asset.
- Experience performing work to nuclear power plants procedures and practices and qualifications for nuclear power plants engineering activities is an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs