Senior Naval Architect
Senior Naval Architect
Engineering and Consulting UK&E – Senior Naval Architect
We’re looking for a Senior Naval Architect to join our Naval Architecture team in London. Our business has worked in the offshore industry for more than 40 years. We’ve taken on and helped to successfully deliver some of the largest offshore structures and have been at the forefront of some of the industry’s most pioneering innovations.
Atkins is at the forefront of floating wind technology, currently designing the Dounreay Tri and Kincardine demonstrator projects. These cutting-edge projects require Naval Architects who have the ability to solve complex problems and who are comfortable working on unconventional design, outside of the comfort of established codes, standards and practices.
The Naval Architecture team typically work on tasks throughout the product lifecycle covering aspects including, concept design, detail design, fabrication support, in-operation integrity management and decommissioning.
You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing the your own and the team’s technical capability. With a passion for working in a consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with customers and with teams who deliver to their clients, and you’ll be adaptable and happy to cope with uncertainty. You will have excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, and will be able to effectively manage both complex client relationships and internal delivery teams.
Comfortable at leading tasks, you are keen to support, mentor and improve/develop the capability of the team. You are also a motivator and take personal responsibility in achieving the best from the team to ensure client satisfaction. You are comfortable working in, and adaptable, to, new and changing environments. You are detail-conscious and confident in making judgements under pressure.
As a senior technical member of the team you would assume Lead roles in multi-discipline design projects and consultancy tasks; acting as a ‘technical approver’ reviewing design, analysis and reporting tasks. Frequent collaboration will be required with colleagues in UK and internationally, to support a range of projects. You will also support tender preparation through technical input and will support the team through line management and technical mentoring as required.
Expert technical knowledge in hydrodynamics, wave loading, and mooring analysis is essential to the role, feeding this into our day-to-day delivery and technical best practice.
What you'll be doing
With the support of the London team you could find yourself leading some of the following tasks:
• Design and analysis of floating and fixed offshore structures including- FPSO/FLNG vessels, semi-submersibles, floating offshore wind turbines, fixed offshore wind turbines.
• Analysis of vessels and offshore structures using techniques including - hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, stability analysis, structural assessments.
• Delivering projects such as those recently undertaken; Kincardine and Dounreay Tri floating offshore wind farms, Shell Prelude FLNG assessment, Ichthys mooring reliability, Jacket or Monopile offshore wind substructures, such as Beatrice & Triton Knoll offshore wind farms.
Benefits & Rewards
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, however highlights include:
- A flexible working schedule to allow you to tailor your work-life balance, less than full time is available for all employees.
- A competitive salary benchmarked against the industry.
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year.
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability