Senior NEPA Transportation Planner
Senior NEPA Transportation Planner
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is currently seeking a Senior NEPA Transportation Planner to join our rapidly expanding NEPA Transportation group in Atlanta, Georgia.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional planning work and broad knowledge of precedents in functional area of assignment. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of planning assignments in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. The ideal candidate for this position will apply their NEPA and state and federal regulatory knowledge to manage the NEPA process, documentation, and project team for various types of transportation projects. The candidate will prepare or oversee the preparation of all levels of NEPA documents, manage schedules and production of technical studies prepared by in-house staff and/or subconsultants, and provide quality assurance/quality control of NEPA documents prepared by in-house staff or outside consultants.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Preparation and Review of NEPA documents and oversight of documents prepared by other staff;
- Coordinate in-house technical tasks for compliance with baseline schedules;
- Lead and coordinate public outreach meetings and other public involvement activities
- Evaluate impacts from transportation projects on the built, cultural and natural environment;
- Coordinate with design professionals and overall project team to identify fatal flaws, schedule delays, opportunities for schedule acceleration or recovery, and opportunities to avoid or minimize impacts;
- Gather and analyze data related to indirect and reasonably foreseeable impacts, environmental justice and community impacts.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field, Masters degree is a plus; This level may be achieved by Planners with five years experience since Bachelor's or four years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 6-7 years experience.
- 5-10 years of experience with a demonstrated working knowledge of NEPA, including coordination of supporting technical studies and schedule management;
- Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone, within a team environment, and/or on multiple projects, simultaneously;
- Excellent technical writing, computer, and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues;
- Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software, familiarity with schedule management software a plus;
- Ability to visit project sites if necessary;
- Local candidates are preferred for this position;
- Eligible candidates must have a valid driver’s license;
- Similar environmental consultation experience related to transportation and/or other linear projects (including projects with federal and state funding) preferred.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs