Senior/Principal Consultant - Cities Advisory
Senior/Principal Consultant - Cities Advisory
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment.
We have a strong pipeline of cities advisory work and are looking to recruit a senior/principal consultant in our Infrastructure Advisory & Economics practice.
Much of our work is for development agencies such as EBRD, EIB and FCDO. You will be responsible for supporting business development and project delivery for Atkins Cities Advisory sector in Europe, Africa and work with teams in our Middle East and South East Asia hubs. You will work closely with the market lead to develop business and deliver projects.
We are looking for people having an appetite for supporting commercial growth of the company and thrive to develop his/her career in a true multi-disciplinary international consultancy environment.
The position is based in the UK in the Epsom or London office ideally, but candidates must be open to frequent international travel and periods of time abroad.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Good project leadership and management skills with a track record of technical delivery in international development consultancy environment (5+ years post qualification experience).
- Good understanding of urban/city challenges in various global markets and breadth of perspective to provide strategic consultancy advice in relation to integrated urban development, policy and strategy (including urban planning, environmental expertise, economics and infrastructure).
- Experience of work winning and ability to build relationships with public and private sector clients.
- Awareness and understanding of what it takes to deliver effective and viable client outcomes.
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement skills
- A team player effective in high performing multi-discipline project teams.
- Good networking capability. Having an existing good client network will be highly advantageous.
- Excellent technical report writing, presentation and communication skill;
- Highly numerate and has the ability to apply the right professional judgment in solving challenging problems;
- Experience of working or delivering projects for International Funding Institutions like the FCDO, World Bank, African Development Bank, EBRD, EIB.
- Interest in working internationally and a willingness to travel.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and ability to work across a wide range of geographies.
Essential - Degree in a field associated to strategic urban planning such as geography, town planning, social science or environmental science. Masters degree in urban planning or directly related field.
Desirable - Professional Chartership to the Royal Town Planning Institute, international equivalent or other built environment professional body. Foreign language skills
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Our IT systems support home-working, so where you have parental or carer duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; Atkins will work for you. Similarly, Atkins’ corporate social responsibility provides the opportunity to give something back to the community, and we run professional networks supporting groups such as local schools, charities, parents, those coming out of the armed-forces and women in engineering.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social club providing activities such wine tasting, as surf trips, and a kids’ Christmas party. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package . https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs