Senior/ Principal Engineer- Asset Management
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division within Atkins/SNC-Lavalin is at the leading edge of digital Asset Management (dAM) & Asset Performance Management (APM). Our clients are demanding support in a variety of areas, which is beyond traditional engineering. We provide holistic services, which requires a diverse range of professionals with an understanding of asset management in the broadest sense.
Our growing team offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking multiple Senior/Principal Asset Management/Supportability Consultants with ideally a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence and wider Markets to provide guidance and direction in the development of asset management solutions for our clients, including:
• Support to sales;
• Assurance of work undertaken by project teams;
• Providing a vision of future needs to support the development of capability;
• Leadership of major asset management assignments for clients.
You will be working with our clients to deliver diverse Asset Management projects, covering anything from implementing innovative uses of new technology, formulating national guidance, providing strategic direction and leadership for asset management policy and using data and analysis tools to develop works programmes. You will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
Our ADS&T business is at the leading edge of digital Asset Management (dAM). Our offering combines Strategic Asset Management, Digital Technology and APM for Fleets and complex systems.
Our projects cover a wide range of engineering domains, including the Aerospace, Defence and wider markets, which encompasses:
• Safety and Asset Management, Human Factors and Training Solutions;
• Programme and Project Management;
• Systems Engineering;
• Mechanical and electrical engineering;
• Software development;
• Specialised infrastructure planning, design and refurbishment;
• Security, Information Assurance / Communication Systems.
Professional in approach and performance, with a proven background in;
• Experience in the implementation of Asset Management systems and the interpretation and analysis of results;
• Working knowledge of PAS55/ISO55000;
• A thorough understanding of Asset Management techniques and their application;
• Proven track record of developing Asset Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level;
• Accomplished Practitioner within Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and Reliability & Maintainability (R&M);
• Proven experience of planning and executing performance based contracts;
• Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance;
• Develop innovative Asset Management solutions to support operations;
• Interrogate data systems to assess performance and risks and optimise decisions;
• Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities;
• Understanding of the Asset Management standards used in the industry and the supply chain aspects of support;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers;
• Knowledge of the Defence, Aerospace and wider markets, or major contractor’s experience.
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent, or working towards it;
• Familiarisation of Def-Standards, including 00-600 and DLF;
• Knowledge and awareness of their discipline and related disciplines and their developments across varied markets including Aerospace and Defence;
• Expertise in R&M modelling, analysis, trials and management, Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) – preferably Aladon or MSG3 trained;
• Knowledge, awareness and ability to generate Supportability Cases;
• Experienced in development of Asset Management - User & System Requirements;
• Experience of conducting/supporting safety related assessments including HAZOP & FMECA;
• Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets and the ability to sell their related discipline capability to internal and external clients and across varied markets;
• Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc.;
• Production of articles, papers or conference presentations within their discipline.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles