Senior/ Principal Environmental Consultant
Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We are looking to recruit environmental consultants with 5+ years’ experience to support the growth of infrastructure projects in the energy, water, rail and highways sectors in the UK, with significant opportunities overseas.This is an excellent career development opportunity for an experienced candidate looking to progress their career to the next level in a fast paced and exciting industry. You will join a team of over 30 EIA and environmental coordinators located across the UK supporting key clients including Thames Water, Transport for London, Heathrow Airport, HS2, Network Rail, Highways England and Local Authorities. There will also be opportunity to work on international projects for a diverse array of public and private clients.You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects, lead and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments and related deliverables, work closely with clients, develop new areas of business and mentor others in the team.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an environmental or related discipline and have a comprehensive understanding of all the technical specialisms required for an EIA. Ideally, you will be a Chartered Environmentalist through IEMA or other professional body or working towards this qualification. We offer ongoing career development through a portfolio of training and development activities and mentoring support designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
- Leading on the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including EIA, options appraisals and environmental management.
- Champion high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental outcomes.
- Collate and edit information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, and review the work of others, on time and to budget.
- Able to manage clients’ needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Lead and support on bid preparation and develop new areas of business for the team.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute.
- Degree or Masters in an environmental or science subject.
- Chartered, or working towards Chartership.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the EIA process and environmental technical specialisms.
- Experience of leadership within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills and able to review the work of others to ensure quality.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles