Senior Process/Mechanical Engineer
Senior Process/Mechanical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Candu Energy Inc. is looking to hire three Senior Process/Mechanical Engineers for full time regular positions. These positions require experienced individuals who are self-starters capable of working independently with minimal supervision. The individuals will work in a team environment performing and leading engineering services for Nuclear Power Plants within a matrix organization.
- Develop, plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate engineering work;
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineers at lower grade levels and/or other technical employees;
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of engineers and support employees;
- Provide design solutions and assessments for new, updated and modified process systems, structures and components;
- Prepare and /or review design documents for Nuclear Power Plants; e.g., Design Calculation, Assessments, Technical Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, and System Code Classification;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Quotation Request and Tender Technical Evaluations;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Change packages;
- Perform walkdowns, attend site visits and meetings as required;
- Ensure applicable code, standards and regulatory requirements are met;
- Provide support for the preparation of Engineering proposals;
- Ensure adherence to company quality program;
- Ensure adherence to project delivery requirements and schedule;
- Support Engineering Management with timely updates on engineering progress;
- Interface with internal and external stake holders as required.
- Engineering degree from an accredited University in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering or Engineering Science.
- Working knowledge of/experience using nuclear Codes and Standards, including CSA N285.0 and ASME Section III.
- Experience working in or performing design work for a nuclear facility licensed in Canada or a nuclear reactor licensed outside Canada.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel to and potentially work at Project sites to meet corporate needs (Note: the initial site location is at the Mississauga head office in Ontario).
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in process-system design/analysis, preferably providing design solutions for CANDU nuclear power plants; and
- Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada, qualified to seal mechanical and chemical engineering documents.
Additional, preferred qualifications:
- Qualification in the last five (5) years as a Specialized Professional Engineer to ASME III, Div.1, and Appendix XXIII is an asset.
- Working knowledge of/experience with the CSA B51 standard, ANSI B31.1 codes and other nuclear-power-plant applicable standards or regulatory guides related to permanent plant components, pressure boundary equipment, and/or reactor systems.
- Experience performing thermalhydraulic evaluations on complex systems.
- Experience performing design/analysis of hydraulic and electro-mechanical systems;
- Knowledge of analytical tools used for mechanical and process design; e.g., ANSYS, Mathcad, Flowmaster, NUCIRC, CATHENA or similar is an asset.
- Experience performing work to nuclear power plants procedures and practices and qualifications for nuclear power plants engineering activities is an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs