Senior Project Delivery Manager
Project Delivery Lead
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver/Burnaby and reports to the Vice President of Rail and Transit Engineering. It is responsible for managing and growing a team of Project Delivery Managers and project controls staff to successfully deliver commitments in accordance with project scope, schedule, budget and procedures and ultimately ensure client satisfaction.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Lead the delivery of major project mandates and professional services projects
- Provide project management leadership, drive team engagement and foster a collaborative team culture.
- Support the delivery of complex design/project execution mandates through the development of innovative solutions with the engineering discipline teams, as required
- Establish and implement improvements to existing methods, procedures and toolsets to maximize quality and efficiency of project delivery and reporting
- Work with the engineering leadership team to manage departmental staffing resource assignments while ensuring continuous development of staff
- Provide mentoring, coaching, technical guidance and quality assurance to the PM and engineering teams to ensure the technical excellence of all Rail & Transit engineering work
- Support and initiate business development and proposal activities for the Rail & Transit Engineering group in Western Canada.
- Participate in the divisional strategic planning process and the establishment and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Actively develop and maintain important client relationships as part of overall business strategy
- Participate in the preparation of estimates and project proposals (or coordinating resources to do so).
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with client, internal stakeholders, other internal groups, the wider leadership team
- Ensure the quality, consistency and accuracy of Rail & Transit Engineering deliverables as part of corporate QA/QC program
What will you contribute?
- Engineering Degree or other relevant qualification
- Registered PMP preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience in client management and project delivery
- Strong client focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage multiple priorities and time lines
- Registration or eligible for registration with EGBC
- Working knowledge of all applicable codes and industry standards
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions using sound business judgment
- Proven leadership skills
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Effective interpersonal communication and organizational skills
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com