Senior Project Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer – T&D Protection systems - Kosice, Slovakia
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
Engineering team of Linxon Slovakia Engineering s.r.o. is currently looking for a new member – Senior Principal Project Engineer – Protection System specialist.
You will work in a skilled team on a wide range of international Transmission & Distribution (T&D) substation projects, classified as high engineering complexity.
• Technical lead, supervising and coordination of engineering team and external sub-suppliers within Electrical Substations mainly green-field projects – power transmission high voltage substations
• Responsibility for conceptual design of electrical control and protection system in high voltage networks
• Approval of electrical protection selectivity studies, IED‘s configuration and setting files
• Planning and coordination of engineering activities and resources in EPC business (Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
• Ensure implementation of international technical standards in design
• Co-ordinate project execution directly with clients, engineers, protection relay and IED vendors and installation sub-contractors
• Reporting of opportunities and risks to line management / project management
• Planning and conducting design progress reviews
• Support the sales team in technical matters
• Evaluate and ensure completeness of quotations from suppliers.
• Degree in Electrical/Power System Engineering
• Extensive years’ experience in substation design above 50 kV up to 400 kV with focus on secondary design and control & protection solutions, substation interface concept with primary equipment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Working knowledge of relay configuration tools like ABB PCM600/IET600
• Overview in international standards (IEC, ANSI, BS)
• Sound understanding of power automation systems
• Good customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of project scheduling (planning) and appreciation of the interrelationships to the broader project
• Obtained at least some construction and or commissioning site experience
• In this role, it is required that you are fluent in English.
• You should also be willing to travel for work up to 20%.
• It would be considered additional value if you have at least basic knowledge of CAD/CAE applications and tools and/or understand electronic records management systems.