Senior Project Estimator/Scheduler
Senior Project Estimator/Scheduler
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Project Estimator/Scheduler
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our New York City, NY Project Controls Group as a Senior Project Estimator/Scheduler. This position will provide scheduling and estimating support on projects from the conceptual design stage through construction, to help meet contract schedules and budgets. It will also assist project managers in troubleshooting scheduling and budgeting problems prior to occurrence, as well as provide support to clients in the research, and review and analysis of construction claims. This position will report to the Project Controls Technical Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare Project Schedules, Resource Plans and Cost Budgeting from Scopes, Estimates Drawings and Contract Specifications.
- Interact with Project Team members during Project Planning, Design, development of construction staging plans and review of site-specific conditions for incorporation into the work plan and project schedule.
- Work Breakdown Structure and Activity Development - Subdivide the work to be performed by each discipline, using WB, into manageable activities for coordination and control of the project.
- Construction Sequence/Logic - Preparation of detailed project schedules that accurately identify the interrelationship of activities to be performed by the various force account disciplines and third party involved in the project. This includes identification of the predecessor/successor relationships and duration of activities to determine the early
- dates, late dates, float and critical activities.
- Project Schedule Resource and Cost Loading - Allocation and distribution of estimated man hours and cost by activity for each discipline involved in the project as required to define the associated weighted value of each activity and to support the resource leveled development of Master Resource Plan.
- Coding of Activities - Development and assignment of standardized codes for each activity based on the work breakdown structure (WBS) to identify the project location discipline etc. for merging of all project files to provide capabilities for customized sorting of activities and resources.
- Issue Baseline Schedules, Update Schedules and Reports (Status and Forecast) for the use by project team. Project Schedules are to be updated and reported on every month or more frequently if required.
- Current Schedule vs. Baseline Schedule Analysis - Compare and highlight major activity deviations between the original baseline schedule and the current schedule based on monthly updates.
- Critical Path Analysis - Identify and Analyze Critical Paths/ Activities to ascertain project completion in time and in budget, including forecasting delays and evaluation of alternative scenarios.
- Delay Claims Analysis - Analyze and recommend actions for delay claims by Third Party contractors.
- Planned vs. Actual Percent Complete Reporting - Monthly updates of the project schedules shall be prepared based on physical work completed and used to calculate and report percent complete status of the project to the MTA, FTA and other agencies.
- Monthly Status Reporting - Preparation, updating and distribution of various monthly bar charts, histograms and schedule extracts delineating work completed to date and plan for upcoming work activities.
- Earned Value Analysis - Analysis of physical work completed and actual dollars expended against the planned goals and dollars budgeted for the project. Includes initiation of recovery schedules and corrective action plans to remain within estimate and budget.
- Resource Planning/ Leveling - Assist in development of a comprehensive Capital Program plan that compiles all projects and associated force account resources. Evaluate and analyze overall departmental requirements and to level resource peaks and valleys. Assess future resource requirements and support the department's hiring plans.
- Project Re-baseline - Analysis and development of revised project work plans based on status of goals, production, scope changes, budget, material and resource availability as required to initiate corrective action and pro-actively manage the deployment of budgeted resources.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline with 7 years' relevant experience; 6 years' experience required with Master's degree; or 10 years' experience in project control or cost analysis with an Associates Degree
- Experience in developing, maintaining and reviewing detailed CPM/ PDM based, resource and cost loaded schedules in Primavera P6.
- Experience with preparation of Time, Resource, Cost and Earned Value Analytical Reports., scheduling, monitoring and project controls.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in planning Railroad capital program construction projects or equivalent projects.
- Experience on urban, public works and rail road projects is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of Primavera P6 software experience desired.
- Ability to create simple as well as complex analytical reports using P6 BI Publisher, Word, and Excel desirable.
- Ability to integrate Project Expenditures Financial System data with P6 desired.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs