Senior Project Hydrogeologist
Senior Project Hydrogeologist
Senior Project Hydrogeologist
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist in one of our BC offices on a regular full-time basis. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to support our expanding British Columbia hydrogeology team on a variety of projects with our contaminated sites, water resource, mining and/or impact assessment lines of business. The location of this position could be flexible but ideally would be in one of our Burnaby, Nelson, or Cranbrook offices.
As the Senior Hydrogeologist, you will play a key senior role in a wide variety of physical and contaminant hydrogeology projects including: tailings pond and waste rock assessments, acid rock drainage and metals leaching, mine permitting, environmental impact assessments (for the resource industry), fractured bedrock assessment, aquifer mapping, well design and testing, aquifer evaluation, stratigraphic interpretation, water supply work and groundwater modelling. In addition, you will be involved in contaminated site project work, including investigation, characterization and remediation of complex medium- to large-scale contaminated sites, regulatory liaison, and groundwater flow and contaminant transport modelling.
You will be expected to provide mentorship and supervision to supporting project hydrogeologists as well as playing a significant role in developing budgets and ultimately client liaison. You will be responsible for designing and conducting field investigations and for working with various departments in our BC and other western Canadian offices. You will be working in a team environment and will be a senior resource to the manager of BC hydrogeology group. You will also be responsible for senior review and sign off on technical reports sufficient to submit to provincial and federal regulators.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Preparing proposals, developing work plans and budgets and managing projects
- Planning, coordination and support for the execution of field programs, including intrusive investigations.
- Allocation and supervision of junior, intermediate and technical field staff and technical resources for the completion of projects, including evaluation and interpretation of data collected and reviewing reports prepared by junior or technical field staff.
- Reviewing field information from investigations; preparation of reports including the interpretation of geological/hydrogeological conditions.
- Preparation of sound technical recommendations and conclusions.
- Collaboration with other hydrogeologists throughout BC offices and out-of-province offices.
- Preparing and making presentations at conferences.
- Acting as a key technical resource providing technical direction on and/or review of projects and proposals.
- Project managing own projects.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal SNC-Lavalin network.
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on team’s projects.
- Mentoring and/or coaching staff.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and coaching others.
- Providing practical and economic solutions to clients that differentiate the team.
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the Environment and Geoscience group, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes, services, geographies and client sectors.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in geology, hydrogeology, geological engineering, or other related discipline along with 10-20 years relevant experience. A post-graduate degree specializing in hydrogeology is an asset;
- Registered as or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer and/or Professional Geologist;
- Proven experience in writing successful proposals, work plans and in conducting business development is mandatory;
- Experience working in a consulting environment at a senior project management level. Formal project management training will be considered an asset;
- An ability and willingness to work on field assignments;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language;
- Solid organization and time management abilities;
- Good interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Plan, organize and oversee all hydrogeology activities
- Assist in monitoring budgets
- Numerical groundwater modelling skills would be considered an asset; and,
- Experience in communicating and building relationships with clients
- A valid class 5 driver's license
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs