Senior Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Project Manager
Are you looking for your next role leading technical projects within the Offshore Energy sector? This could be the role for you!
Atkins’ Energy UK & Europe Business delivers a range of services including engineering design from Front End Engineering Design (FEED) through to Detailed design, Asset integrity management, Consulting and Analysis work for the oil and gas, power, nuclear and renewable energy markets.
We are looking for a driven and proactive Project Manager with experience in delivering design and consulting projects in regulated industries. Experience of offshore structures projects in either the Oil & Gas or Renewable industry would be an advantage.
Working within our Engineering and Consultancy business in Epsom you will lead the delivery of Atkins technical projects and programmes or work directly for our clients embedded into their major projects. You must be mobile and willing to be seconded to work at locations across the UK if required.
You must be able to appreciate complex, practical, regulatory, technical and commercial issues and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; you will be establishing and leading project teams that are either local to you, or distributed across multiple sites.
Other aspects of the role will include supporting the growth of our project delivery capabilities in Energy through building a reputation for excellence, mentoring others, supporting business development and bidding activities.
• Building and developing relationships internally and externally is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and you are excellent at communicating and listening as well as managing and influencing stakeholders.
• You enjoy new challenges and are keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
• You are able to lead technical teams, understand and manage the design of offshore and subsea structures.
• The role requires the ability to successfully manage the delivery, commercial and quality performance of projects and proactively deploy a range of techniques to control delivery, cost, manage risk and change.
• A flexible approach with the ability to adapt to individual situations and remain calm under pressure will also be needed for this role, as will the ability to work effectively within a team.
• You are proactive in addressing issues and mitigating risks. You are comfortable having difficult conversations as necessary and conduct them in a reasonable manner to maintain the positive working relationships that you have built.
• You thrive on responsibility and accountability for delivering projects
In addition to having excellent people and problem-solving skills, you also demonstrate the following:
Required experience and attributes of candidate
• Demonstrate a responsible attitude towards and leadership in health, safety and security for people, the environment and our client’s assets.
• Degree qualified in Structural or Civil Engineering (or similar),
• Direct experience of project management of multi-disciplined design projects, demonstrating accountability for quality, time, cost and technical performance parameters agreed with client.
• Experience of leading and directing local and geographically disparate teams and resources.
• Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
• Direct and demonstrable experience of applying a range of project management principles and skills to deliver successful project outcomes on a range of engineering / technical projects.
• Passion for the Offshore Energy sector (Oil & Gas or Renewables) with experience including design, construction and decommissioning (including CDM, IOSH, supplier and contractor management).
• Knowledge of Professional Services and Engineering & Construction Contracts
• Willingness to travel for short or medium term in UK as business requires
Desirable experience and attributes of candidate
• Hold a professional Project Management qualification (APMP or equivalent).
• This is an exciting time for Atkins, as part of SNC-Lavalin we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the Oil and Gas and Offshore Renewables sector in the UK. As part of a global business, there will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our clients and also for international travel as part of the global Energy business.
• Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy
• Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our staff.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.