Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure (Tunnelling & Sub-terranean works)
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for a Project Lead / Senior Project Manager with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the management of large scale infrastructure projects, specifically tunnelling and sub-terranean works (4 story basement and tunnels). The value of the works package is approx. SAR 4.5 bn. This project is a master plan mixed-use development with a vision to be an exciting destination for residents and visitors alike in alignment with the economic development and tourism strategy for Riyadh, KSA.
Drawing on your existing infrastructure delivery and major projects experience, you will be responsible for monitoring the project direction and coordinating throughout all project life-cycle and final handover to the client.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan on large capital projects
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the company business management system
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Manage the Project Manager’s performance of delegated responsibility
- Provide the principal point of contact with the clients’ senior representatives for the delivery of project services
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant project, technical, financial and commercial staff
- Develop close working relationships with other Faithful+Gould business heads, locally and internationally
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues within the region and internationally to maximize the cost base and technical delivery capability
- Support the Project Management team in the resolution of problems
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering from an accredited University
- Chartered with a western recognised institute (e.g. APM, ICE).
- 15 years post graduate experience in project management
- A minimum of 10 years’ operating at senior management level. (Senior PM/Project Director)
- Experience in leading on tunnelling projects and major infrastructure programmes
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Project Management experience with a leading PMC
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization
- Be resilient with a “can do” attitude and able to work under pressure
- Be collaborative and able to work across regional and business boundaries
- Be focused on delivering to agree objectives and standards
- Assert independent views and challenge when appropriate
- Willing to challenge the status quo
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles