Senior Project Manager - WL
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of cost, schedule, scope and technical performance of a portfolio of Whileshell Laboratories (WL) Closure Project as defined in the project performance baseline and is accountable to the Head, WL Decommissioning and Waste Management.
The Senior Project Manager ensures that WL Closure project work is performed safely and in compliance with requirements of the Site License, QA Program and Facility Authority.
The Senior Project Manager will proactively manage the personnel performing the scope of work and implement project management including responsibility to plan, control and monitor the execution of all project work. They will provide detailed reporting and communication on project status with emphasis on timely identification and resolution of issues and correcting variances to plans.
The Senior Project Manager will hold budget responsibility for work ranging from $20M to $40M annually and may oversee 6 to 10 direct reporting staff. They will ensure appropriate execution of the WL Closure contract and oversee management of contracts to deliver projects.
- A university degree in engineering or technical degree/diploma.
- A PMP or similar designation is desirable
- 10+ years of working experience as a Project Manager on nuclear/power/utilities/energy related projects is preferred.
- Experience in nuclear decommissioning
- Experience managing EPCM contracts for major capital equipment used in nuclear decommissioning.
- Strong leadership skills, responsive, highly energetic and must lead by example.
- Demonstrated experience in developing project execution plans and budgets.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about Candu's accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles