Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to our continued success in Qatar we are now seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor with extensive construction phase cost and commercial management experience across hospitality, retail and leisure projects, to join an already established cost and commercial management team, committed to technical integrity, innovation and development of its people, within our growing business.
Hands on leadership of a specialist team with responsibility for:
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Assessment of interim valuations and production of payment certificates;
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management;
- Claims analysis, recommendation and management;
- Contract administration (letter drafting et cetera);
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Commercial Director on all commercial issues;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Experience in delivery of hospitality, retail and leisure experience is essential.
- Middle East construction experience an added benefit, delivery experience in Qatar would be a differentiator;
- MRICS APC status as minimum;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised RICS accredited university;
- Minimum of 10 year' post qualification experience
- Must have construction phase commercial management consultancy experience for minimum of 4 years';
- Construction supervision consultancy experience an added benefit;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to work on own or managing a team for project deliverables as project dictates;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Employee Assistance Program – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants