Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme across our Transportation Portfolio designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support project teams and post Covid 19 restrictions, based in ours and our client offices in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a strong ambition to progress and is looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion.
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered or working towards membership of the RICS.
- Experience working with transportation clients on major projects and a working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Experience in working on projects within the transportation/infrastructure sectors.
- Commercially aware you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs, coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software eg: CATO.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member with the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- An ability to influence others using sound judgement and good sense.
- An individual who is keen to develop their professional network to support business growth and their own career.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs