Senior Quantity Surveyor- Site Based
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Located in North-West Saudi Arabia, and serving as a crossroads between East and West, AlUla has been built by successive societies and civilizations over millennia. The exhibition will take visitors on a journey through the natural and historic wonders of this region by immersing them in AlUla’s unique landscape and the ancient North Arabian Kingdoms of Dadan and Lihyan, and the Nabataean city of Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. A region of outstanding natural and cultural significance in North-West Saudi Arabia. Royal Commission for AlUla (RCU) has embarked on a long-term plan to develop and deliver a sensitive, sustainable transformation of the region, reaffirming it as one of the country's most important archaeological and cultural destinations and preparing it to welcome visitors from around the world.
Senior Quantity Surveyor -KSA
- Pre and post contract commercial support (POMI and FIDIC);
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates;
- Assisting in variations analysis, recommendations and management;
- Assisting in risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Assisting in costs analysis project work;
- Assisting in identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Assisting in preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Managing Quantity Surveyor on all commercial issues;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Project experience must be broad and include Hospitality, Leisure and Infrastructure;
- Measurement and quantification of facility and infrastructure works
- Cost estimating of facility and infrastructure elements;
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Contracts;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised University;
- Min 7 years post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management;
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 3 years;
- Must have minimum of 3 years international experience preferred but not essential;
- Knowledge in the use of QS software Cost-X or similar is preferable;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include: Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Oman. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Rewards and Benefits;
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Project specific Allowance (per month)
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Project rotation available;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme