Senior Risk Manager
Senior Risk Manager
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme across our Infrastructure Portfolio designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for Senior Risk Manager to support project teams and post Covid 19 restrictions, based in our client’s support offices in London.
As a Senior Risk Manager, you will lead and coordinate effective Risk Management activities to actively reduce risk exposure and uncertainty, whilst ensuring the successful achievement of Risk Management objectives across a Phase or a group of contracts.
About the role (accountabilities include but are not limited to):
- Organise, scope and facilitate Risk workshops and support key Risk review meetings within Client and with Client’s supply chain to actively control Risk;
- Define and facilitate the implementation of risk related efficiencies across a Phase/group of contracts and the wider organisation;
- Monitor Client’s supply chain Risk Management activities to ensure that appropriate performance levels are achieved and that Client’s Risk Management standards are met;
- Liaise with and promote proactive collaboration with other Risk professionals within Client’s supply chain and the wider organisation;
- Manage, maintain and take ownership of the Phase/group of contract risk registers and manage the programme of Risk Management and mitigation activities, ensuring input from accountable Managers and internal and external stakeholders;
- Support contingency allocation and contingency budget management through monitoring of contingency budget movements, whilst maintaining links between contingency and risk exposure;
- Manage the interfaces between Risk Management and other delivery processes including Value Management and Engineering, Construction Design Management (CDM) and Contract Management;
- Provide input to monthly Management Information (MI) reporting and Monthly Business Report (MBR);
- Undertake self- assessment of procedural compliance and share lessons, best practice within the Risk community;
- Support Head of Risk in preparation of and/or attendance at meetings to deliver market and strategy insights to Client’s Senior Commercial Teams.
- Experience of Risk Management role in large, complex construction or infrastructure projects, preferably with a formal professional Risk qualification;
- Technical knowledge of programme Risk Management approaches and techniques and modelling capability within large-scale construction or infrastructure projects/commercial projects;
- Understanding of commercial elements within large, complex projects;
- Skilled communicator to effectively engage, promote and influence across a large range of internal and external stakeholders, including the Executive;
- Ability to manage stakeholders and information flow in a matrix environment, and a willingness to work across business areas and provide specialist advice as required;
- Team leader and staff development skills;
- Knowledge of public sector policies, processes and procedures and associated political impacts.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs