Senior Structural Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We require a Senior Structural Engineer responsible for the technical delivery of Structural Engineering design on projects within the Design and Engineering team.
- Leading and undertaking structural engineering analysis and design
- Reviewing design work carried out by members of the team
- Managing the delivery of DCD work packages from the Bangalore GEC
- Preparation of Design documents including reports, presentations and specifications
- Assist in preparation of pre-qualification responses, proposals and tenders.
- Ability to inspect works carried out on site and monitor quality and compliance with design drawings.
- Visit sites to address design related issues as and when required
- Working knowledge of relevant structural design software e.g., ETABS, Safe, Staad Pro, Robot, Strand 7
- Liaison with Clients, Contractors, design team and third parties
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Working with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information
- Developing and maintaining client relationships and contributing to the professional development program of the structural team.
- Attending design team meetings
- Recognised degree in Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience with past Middle East Experience preferred
- Working towards Chartered Structural Engineer (IStructE or equivalent).
- Developed technical knowledge of Structural Engineering of Building-Type Projects, with particular reference to Structural Steelwork, Structural Concrete and associated Structural Analysis and Design/Detailing Software
- Proven track record of successful contribution to the technical delivery of contract compliant. Structural Engineering designs to budget and programme targets.
- Technical knowledge and experience of European/US-based design codes/standards and Statutory Regulations.
- Ability to contribute to the development of elegant Structural Engineering solutions in close collaboration with other specialists and design groups.
- Confidence to work within multi-disciplinary design environments.
- Excellent planning, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Decisive, clear and consistent in approach to Structural Engineering Design
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Adaptable .
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery.
- Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail.
- Passionate about Structural Engineering and drive to exceed the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
Rewards & Benefits:
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.