Senior Tolls Analyst - Roadside Toll Systems
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join Atkins in New York, NY as a Sr. Tolls Analyst supporting the MTA Bridges & Tunnels Tolls Consulting Program in the client’s office in New York City. This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of various toll facility revenue system projects in the E-ZPass System.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background as an engineer or systems specialist and project manager for development, integration, quality assurance and delivery of electronic toll collection system projects. Experienced in working with system integrators. Solid understanding of toll lane systems (hardware and software). Ability to troubleshoot issues during and after lane installations. Able to support testing, commissioning and inspections. Ability to work with contractor reviewing system installation plans and schedules. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in engineering, administration and communicating. Willingness to be a team player is a must.
MAJOR FUNCTION / ROLE
Under direction, applies technical professional competency in Toll Systems, Toll Operations and relevant Toll related Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology to the investigation of transportation planning, engineering and operational needs and problems, the coordination of Toll project activities, and the preparation of plans and documents.
Expected to take the lead in project-specific teams. Applies broad knowledge of leading-edge information and communication technologies, planning, and engineering processes to the planning, development, design, and operation of Toll systems.
Expected to carry out job functions within small project-oriented multidisciplinary teams of Toll professionals and be able to support direct interaction with clients within the context of project progress meetings, design reviews, operations, and project production and delivery.
Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal, and graphical deliverables in the form of progress reports, operational concepts, technology reviews, designs, and specifications. Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis in the agency’s offices.
- Develops and agrees on outline deliverables.
- Develops and applies general Toll planning, operational and engineering solutions to development or implementation problems.
- Collaborates in the design and development of Toll concepts, including requirements analysis, technology review and selection, development and communication of operational concepts, specifications development, testing, and commissioning.
- Develops preliminary concepts and/or final specifications.
- Researches feasibility of alternative approaches, technology capabilities, and previous experiences with Toll system deployments, cost benefits, and client/regulatory agency specifications, and prepares analysis.
- Writes reports, delivers presentations, communicates concepts and deliverables to clients, and participates in quality control checks.
- Manages Toll project teams.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice, such as engineering (e.g. civil, mechanical, electrical, industrial or systems engineering), information technology, business, accounting. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with seven (7) years' experience since Bachelor’s or six (6) years since Master's. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to information and communication technologies, toll operations, and/or intelligent transportation systems (ITS), including fiber-optic communication design, video systems, computer hardware & software, toll collection systems and sub-systems, toll infrastructure, electronic payment, or traffic management.
- Without a degree, a minimum of ten (13) years of relevant experience is required.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of the practical design and deployment of a wide range of information, communication, and toll operations technologies, including fiber-optic communication design, video/violations-processing systems/engineering, toll collection systems and sub-systems, electronic payment, toll infrastructure, customer service center or traffic management.
- Strong understanding of toll roadside toll revenue collection systems and operations and ability to analyze adherence to KPIs and contractual requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in toll system design, including lane, plaza and back office hardware and software processes is desired.
- Ability to analyze data to support improvements in toll roadside system operational performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues during and after lane installations.
- Ability to support toll system testing, commissioning and inspections.
- Experienced in working with system integrators.
- Ability to work with contractor reviewing system installation plans and schedules.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong written, oral and listening communication skills in English; good public speaking ability, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project and schedule management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other project management / production support systems. Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent e-mail program is desired.
- Proven ability to lead analyst teams successfully.
- Completion of relevant Toll Training and Project Management Programs within the first 24 months of employment is highly desirable.
- None required.
- Professional registration in field of practice is preferred, but not required.
- “Project Management Professional” (PMP) certification is a plus.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.