Senior Traffic Incident Management Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our office in Atlanta, GA as a Senior Traffic Incident Management Specialist.
Under direction, applies technical expertise and incident management experience to support project teams on conventional and unconventional operational tasks. Also performs the basic project functions of project coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and marketing assistance. Functions as a mentor to technical professionals to assist in their training and development.
- Assignments at this level typically involve managing several projects at a time. Changing conditions and requirements, challenging client/agency demands, or difficult project coordination is not abnormal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field(s) of practice plus 4 years of relevant experience. Graduate degree desirable. Major coursework in Public Administration, Criminal Justice, Public Safety or related field preferred. Without Bachelor's degree, this level may be achieved with 8 years' working in fields related to traffic operations, incident management, law enforcement and/or other emergency response.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Professional Registration in field of practice preferred if available.
- Organize and lead statewide strategic Traffic Incident Management (TIM) activities, such as delivering SHRP2 and/or other first responder training, leading coordination activities between client and stakeholders (at a statewide and regional level), and supporting the maintenance of TIM strategic plans.
- Directs project teams and client compliance with contract terms, memorandums of understandings, and contractual commitments.
- Monitors reports and schedules to endure appropriate actions are communicated to the project teams and clients.
- Participated in project opportunity evaluations, consultant selection, and the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- Be capable to perform regional duties in our client's TIM program when stationed resources are limited.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.