Senior User Experience Designer
Senior User Experience Designer
Senior User Experience Designer - Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior user experience designer based in our central Birmingham studio, to join our growing national Creative Design team. We’re looking for someone with strong user centred design skills, who communicates clearly and persuasively to clients and engages with colleagues. The person for this role would be willing to expand upon their already exceptional skills and learn from other designers and technical disciplines in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Supporting the technical leadership team by working with the web development team and creative designers to deliver world class engaging websites and web applications.
This role offers great scope to grow your experience areas, whether you’re developing wireframes and prototypes for MVPs, or consulting on user flows and interaction patterns for existing platforms. You will need to be comfortable adapting to different projects across a range of markets and thrive in the ambiguity of a challenge. There’s a huge opportunity to bring greater value to our variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects. You will bring your ideas, passion and problem-solving approaches to help us deliver fresh, digital solutions. You’ll be a team player, ensuring that delivery is of the highest standard, both visually and technically. You’ll support with managing the team and building a pipeline of work whilst embracing the variety and enjoy buzz of a dynamic working environment. The team are currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Responsible for designing, amending and implementing small and large scale digital initiatives driven by user needs.
- Use a high degree of technical judgement to resolve design challenges.
- Utilise your understanding of Information Architecture to apply designs to different development frameworks.
- Collaborate with team members and clients to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Create prototypes that can communicate to clients/customers for user testing.
- Facilitate and lead client workshops in order to gather requirements and evolve your designs.
- Closely work with project managers and developers through the project lifecycle to ensure high quality delivery.
- Continuously enhance knowledge and keep up with emerging trends in design.
- Mentoring junior designers through project work and review sessions.
- Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Collaborating with Designers and Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Good working knowledge of Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
About Creative Design
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists, delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins’ teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We’re problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Creative Design in the press
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Cities & development
Senior Full Stack web developerThis is an exciting opportunity for a senior web developer based in our central Birmingham studio, to join our growing national Creative Design team. We’re looking for s
Cities & development
We are an internal visual and digital communications team within a world-leading design, engineering and project management consultancy.‘Creative Design’, are looking to recruit a Senior Account Manag
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs