Senior Utility Coordinator
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Utilities/ROW Management Group as a Senior Utility Coordinator.
Provide assistance to senior technical professional or technical manager by coordinating or performing a variety of technical duties requiring professional-level technical knowledge and familiarity with engineering or related project work, such as design, permitting, production, reporting and documentation, as required by specific position.
- Under direction, performs several of the following duties, depending on the program/project and in accordance with established standards and applicable regulatory policies.
- May assist in production coordination, and/or in the planning, organization and documentation of projects.
- May oversee and coordinate project work; interpret plans & schedules to anticipate conflicts, coordinate and conduct meetings with affected parties, and oversee inspection and documentation of project work.
- May assist in the preparation of contracts, fee proposals, scopes of work, and invoices.
- May prepare specifications for projects.
- May assist in the preparation of proposals, presentations, and related marketing material and publications.
- May assist in the coordination and tracking of project submittals.
- May conduct analyses and prepare technical studies and reports.
- May review and edit reports and provide technical writing support.
- May prepare permit applications, including engineering reports, for regulatory agency review and approval.
- May assist with project scheduling, utilizing MS Projects and Primavera, or other applicable software.
- May coordinate the work of consultants or other employees involved in project development activities.
- May coordinate and oversee design production in accordance with specifications and applicable regulatory policies.
- May provide supervision and coordination of CAD work.
- May attend conferences and meetings with clients and regulatory agencies to ascertain requirements and assist in the development of appropriate business development strategies.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, plus continued education through workshops, seminars, and related courses plus six years of experience in engineering or related technical professional activities, exhibiting familiarity with related computer programs and applicable permitting work.
- Strong utility coordination, utility conflict management, and utility construction, monitoring, and verification skills.
- Good technical writing, analytical ability and computer skills.
- Experience with utility management/coordination is a requirement.
- Utility engineering experience preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.