Senior Wastewater Networks Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Wastewater Networks engineer with approximately ten years of experience to join our dynamic team based in Bristol. A background in wastewater modelling (2D/ICM), and experience of developing interventions that improve wastewater infrastructure networks is essential. You will have strong technical and project/discipline management skills and the ability to liaise with a range of clients.
We work in an increasingly digital industry where traditional engineering is now regularly supplemented by digital innovations. As a result, we would be happy to consider applicants who can demonstrate skills and experience in coding and automation (ruby script, python etc) and who want to learn more about the water industry/engineering in a supportive team environment.
If successful, you will join our Networks and Drainage Engineering team, which is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies such as Welsh Water, Thames Water, local authorities and independent businesses. You will experience a wide range of projects, face our clients and work with us to shape the industry.
You will be part of a motivated, multi-discipline team, connected to our national network of technical experts across the UK and worldwide. We encourage a strong drive to exceed customer expectations and deliver solutions by continuously developing your technical and managerial skills, in a company that is committed to your training and development.
• Proactive commitment to Health and Safety including production and undertaking reviews of risk assessments.
• Deliver projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
• Investigate and resolve wastewater infrastructure issues through the development of interventions.
• Maintain regular communication with key clients to ensure appropriate follow-up and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure effective and timely communication between the modelling team and the client.
• Seek out develop new work opportunities with existing and new clients.
• Team development and engagement with digital initiatives.
• Bid preparation and the work winning process.
• Budget and programme tracking.
Shaping the future of networks and drainage - this is our challenge in an increasingly digital world. Join us and you’ll work with a variety of colleagues and clients to create innovative solutions to challenging projects.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. We would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.