Senior Water Resources Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL Water Resources Group as a Senior Water Resources Engineer.
A strong candidate for this role will need to demonstrate full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in water resources. This individual must be competent in performing water resources engineering work and demonstrate a broad knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design methods. The ideal candidate can manage or is ready to start managing stormwater projects, develop comprehensive watershed management plans including calibration/verification of models, work on complex hydrologic/hydraulic project designs and analyses, develop innovative solutions water resource issues, conduct floodplain analysis, give technical oversight to junior staff and work and work collaboratively with other departments to complete projects in a timely manner. The candidate will also assist in proposal preparation and in developing and performing client presentations. GIS experience associated with water resources, storm sewer analysis and design, and 2-D modeling experience is also preferable. A strong candidate will be able to independently make sound preliminary engineering decisions, develop water resource design plans, write design specifications and plan technical reports. They will also be able to use ICPR v3 & v4, SWMM5 and XPSWMM, as well as having knowledge of ArcGIS and applicable processing tools.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and deadlines.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Performs quality control and guidance of junior staff related to hydrologic/hydraulic models or methods.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and design reports and submits them for approval.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of hydrologic/hydraulic models and modeling reports and submits them for approval.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May manage or assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (preferably Civil Engineering with a specialization in Water Resources). This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Florida or the ability to obtain a PE within one year, 5+ years relevant engineering experience (8 + preferred)
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
- PE license is required.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles