Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV office as a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in water and wastewater engineering. On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to effectively carry out complete designs and also be able to supervise a team of mid- and entry-level engineers and designers. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Executes assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure including modeling and planning efforts, distribution, collection, and transmission pipelines; pump and booster, as well as lift stations; reservoirs; water supply and water/wastewater treatment systems.
- Develops Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans.
- Comprehends hydraulic modeling and performs analysis.
- Assists with supervision of multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Monitors/manages design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings. May serve as technical lead on projects with direct oversight of design staff. Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to more junior staff members.
- Monitors/manages projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; recordkeeping and progress reports; observes construction procedures, and directs subconsultants.
- Performs quality control, maintains quality standards in work produced, checks computations and reviews design drawings.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements. Regularly meets and corresponds with clients, subconsultants, contractors or project stakeholders.
- Supports business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
- Local working experience in Southern Nevada or adjacent regions is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in public speaking and presentations.
- Familiarity with the following programs is preferred: AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcGIS, and Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD or other hydraulic modeling software, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powepoint, Project)
- P.E. license is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills.
- Active in Technical Organizations (i.e. AWWA, ASCE).
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles