Senior Work Control Planner
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Los Alamos, New Mexico Nuclear Group as a Senior Planner.
The Senior Planner will be responsible for the development of planning documents within the maintenance program. You will plan, develop, resolve comments, obtain approvals, and issue for scheduling, assigned maintenance work planning documents and requests for preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance. You will serve as the single point of contact for resolving maintenance work planning document issues from initiation to work completion. You will lead the job scoping effort to validate the scope, estimate man hours and craft type needed for each job to be performed; develop a bill of materials and services for each job and track the requisition to ensuring they are received in sufficient time to interface for maintenance work with operations and scheduling. You will arrange resources for maintenance and complete assigned activities as directed by the STR. You will update maintenance work package status as the package proceeds through the work flow process. You will also incorporate system engineering job-specific instructions including receipt inspection, supplier instructions, post modification testing, documentation, etc. into maintenance work packages.
• Participates in the planning and development of long-range plans to meet future institutional space needs. Assists in developing organizational objectives, developing specific short-term and long-range plans, and plans and ensures that assigned work objectives are attained and schedules are met.
• Ensures the institutional property excessing process.
• Participates in interior design implementation.
• Provides application support for numerous graphics packages that support the functions in space management and interior design.
• Coordinates relocation of facility occupants due to reassignment, consolidation, etc., including the provision for temporary (swing) space to accommodate displaced personnel resulting from short-term inconveniences.
• Conducts field measurement of both exterior and interior facility dimensions; collection of measurement data through use of blue prints and/or computer aided design facility drawings.
• Assists in the planning and development of Laboratory infrastructure and site planning activities and projects, including comprehensive site planning, master planning, and specific project site planning.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives, reviews, prepares and reports on project and budget status, and manages schedules.
• May initiate and deliver concise and accurate oral and written presentations to internal and external customers on project status, changes, and alternative approaches, and complex institutional space and facilities reports for management.
• May function as point of contact and provide facility and space management consultation to customer groups.
• May develop life cycle scope, cost, and schedule estimates for long-range and/or perpetual projects.
• May act as a technical project management advisor to assigned other project management teams, peers, less experienced project managers, senior managers, and external customers.
• Provides counsel, advice, and assistance to management on matters dealing with government legislation, Department of Energy (DOE) contract compliance, and/or Laboratory policies or procedures to ensure compliance.
• Provides guidance and interpretation of Laboratory policies and programs concerning facility and space management and infrastructure and site planning.
• Researches, assembles, and/or evaluates information or data regarding industry practices or applicable regulatory changes affecting infrastructure and site planning policies or programs; recommends sound, practical solutions to complex issues.
• Understands and adheres to all Laboratory and industry regulatory guidance and governance specific to infrastructure and site planning.
• Ensures all results, processes, and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA Degree in Construction Management, Maintenance or Facilities Engineering and/or 15 to 18 years of relevant experience or 15 years industrial experience with 8 to 10 years actual work experience in nuclear or high hazard facilities (i.e. responsibility and rigor of operations and work package quality) or 15 years of industrial experience with 10 years of actual work planning experience in non-nuclear/low hazard facilities.
• Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles