Service Delivery Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Working in SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business, this role is based within our Utility Solutions Practice in Bristol. Utility Solutions provides a range of utility-based products and services to a wide range of clients, with key sectors being Developers, Consultants and Contractors.
To support our growing team a Service Delivery Lead is required on the Utility Search Map Team. The role focuses around the production of our Utility Search Map product, a composite digital model of all utility assets within a given site boundary, produced using AutoCAD, translated to various digital formats and delivered to a wide and varied market.
The role will involve supporting a project wide delivery team. The key focus being the supervision of the team on a day to day basis, workload management, quality checking and auditing as well as assisting in the production and completion of Utility Search Maps.
Utility Solutions prides itself on its customer service and quality levels and this role is a key support role to ensure this continues. This role is varied and fast paced and will involve a remit of covering other staff absence and workloads as required so will require a degree of flexibility.
- Experience using GIS / AutoCAD / Mapping systems.
- Supervisory experience.
- Good attention to detail.
- Clear, concise communication skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects with at times competing priorities.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office.
- Ability to identify, analyze, prioritize and resolve problems / conflicts within a team environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Adaptable and a driver for change.
- Experience of working in the utility industry, preferably in a service delivery or project environment.
- Prior experience or knowledge of utilizing technology for process efficiencies.
- An appreciation of relevant legislation in the utility industry, including the New Roads and Streetworks Act
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Supervise staff in the production of orders, ensuring SLA and KPI framework is adhered to by the team and work complies with evolving requirements.
- Monitor and delegate in-coming and out-going workload, communicating any issues to the Team Leader.
- Review and maintain the teams written business processes and ensure staff follow them.
- Audit/quality check the work carried out by the teams in the UK and Bangalore.
- Ensure that the team are competent users of the various systems / databases required for production.
- Assist with any recruitment and staff training, as well as ensure cross training takes place.
- Support the Team Leader with the Personal Development Plans of the team.
- Liaise with other teams/clients/utility companies to resolve issues and build relationships.
- Represent the product as stakeholder during project / order bidding and planning.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase the efficiency & productivity of the team’s processes, working with the Team Leader to action.
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value to the product / service we provide to our clients.
- Proactively and independently identify opportunities to increase the work volume and expand the client base.
- Identify tasks that have the potential to be offshored and facilitate the process.
- To undertake additional ad hoc activities as required.
- Problem solver with an ability to identify and proactively manage problems and suggest considered solutions.
- Adaptable and optimistic approach towards change and evolution.
- Possess a diplomatic nature and a calm, measured approach to conflict resolution.
- A clear and thorough communication style, competent communicating at all levels.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions. On the job training will be delivered to ensure that the successful candidate is comfortable with the domain in which they would be working.
Our Latest Articles