Site Assessment & Remediation Intern
SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking an Intern to join our Site Assessment & Remediation team with the potential to work out of Saskatoon or Regina for a 16 month internship term starting in May 2020. The successful candidate will join a local team focused on delivering high quality work for a variety of clients.
This position will involve working with SNC-Lavalin’s Site Environment and Geosciences team based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on a variety of office projects and field investigations. The successful candidate will be mentored by a variety of environmental professionals (Engineers, Agrologists, Geologists, and Technologists) and will gain valuable experience in the environmental consulting industry.
- Participating in environmental and hydrogeological investigations including Phase I and Phase II
- environmental assessments and soil and groundwater sources and sampling programs
- Documentation of field activities and managing sample shipment to analytical labs
- Preparation of technical reports
- Communicating field observations to SNC-Lavalin project managers
- Inter-regional collaboration on projects
- Participation in health and safety programs
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or Environmental Engineering program; 3rd year students preferred
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, CAD experience an asset
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and travel throughout Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba; British Columbia and Ontario
- Ability to work independently and safely with minimal supervision and/or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and innovative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, a team player and a high level of energy
- Previous experience in a field environment would be an asset
- Valid driver’s license required
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
Local Candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.